Fortnite runs on Unreal Engine – the two Epic Games products.
While Fortnite obviously contains a large amount of proprietary code, it also relies on a number of third-party applications to help it function properly.
One of these is the “EasyAntiCheat” service, provided by a third party company.
The error you see is the result of the “EasyAntiCheat” service not starting properly, either because your antivirus has quarantined its files, or because it has been damaged / corrupted due to an update.
To solve the problem, you need to be able to repair its installation, and remove any of the corrupted files that might lead you to see the error …
united airlines reservations
There are a number of potential causes for it Error 1058/20006, including:
- EasyAntiCheat does not load properly
- The Windows update did not install properly
- Fortnite does not work with the correct files
While there may be more causes, the above will solve 95% of cases of the problem.
The error message will typically include the following:
Launch Error (20006)
I couldn’t start the game
Please help us by reporting this issue:
Error Code 20006 (Unable to create Service (StartService failed: 2))
best price airline tickets
Obviously, the main way to solve the problem is to repair the EasyAntiCheat package (although there are other steps as well):
1. Repair EasyAntiCheat
The first step – and the most likely to succeed – is to repair the component.
This can be done by clicking on the Fortnite folder on your hard drive and removing any of the files that may be inside.
To do this, you can use the following steps:
- Press “Windows” + “E” keys on your keyboard (load Windows Explorer)
- Browse to “C: / Program Files / Epic Games / Fortnite / FortniteGame / Binaries / Win64 / EasyAntiCheat”
- Click on “EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe”
- You need to load an installation system – click on “Repair Service”
- Once done, it will be best to reboot your PC and then try again to play Fortnite
If this solves the problem, you should be able to enjoy Fortnite please now.
all inclusive vacation packages with airfare
If that doesn’t solve the problem, you should try and resolve any issues that might be causing it.
2. Check the Fortnite files
The next method basically allows us to “repair” the Fortnite installation without having to download it all again.
It is especially beneficial if you want to make sure the game works well:
- Browse to “C: / Program Files / Epic Games / Fortnite / FortniteGame / Binaries / Win64 /”
- Remove “FortniteClient-
- Click on the Epic Games Launcher
- Under “Fortnite”, select the “cog” in the “Launch” button
- From the available menu, select “Verify”
- This should reinstall the game as needed
Once this is finished, reboot your system and the game * should * start working again.
3. Clean the Windows Installation Files
Lastly, if you are still experiencing the error – it probably means that there is a deeper problem with Windows.
The best way to solve this is to run the “SFC” (System File Checker) application, which solves any core problems with the Windows subsystem.
Using this is relatively simple:
- Press the “Windows” + “S” keys on your keyboard
- Type “CMD” and press “Enter”
- When the list of results shows, right click on “Command Prompt” and select “Run as administrator”
- When the black screen loads, type the following:
- SFC / scannow
- Press “Enter”
- Restart your system after the end
While this should work to resolve any errors you have experienced, there may be other issues that prevent Fortnite from functioning properly.
If you can’t get the game to run, you should seek support from someone with a more specific knowledge of your system.
The best (cheapest) way to do this is to go to one of the online technical support communities (SuperUser, Microsoft Answers) and ask for help here. If you need a more straightforward solution, you’ll be better off talking to someone with current experience of your system – which is where the likes of local types of PC repair come in – or freelancers at Fiverr and the like.